Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RECYCLING MODE AGAIN!!

Paper mat making and some setbacks….

My mom used to say that my grandfather(paternal) used to make mats using coconut fiber….


But I couldn’t learn from him, because he passed away some 14 years ago and he was bedridden for some 6 or 7 years before that… God bless his soul…..


Nobody in our family ever tried to learn it….
So I took help from the ever helping internet and I tried to make paper mat…


My first experiment was this …

















This can be used as journal cover or photo album cover or many other things…
I have not yet decided yet what to do of it …. Whenever I decide and do something I will post it


So after this small success, I became super-over-confident and what did I do?!
I tried to make a vase using the same technique….



First I took an old magazine and cut several pieces of its sheets……


Then I folded them…





Then I placed them in this order….




This is where I was mistaken….
This method was right to make a flat mat… not a vase or box….. Then I rearranged….. and rearranged………………………………………….











And rearranged……………














Finally I made this vase…









At last I folded all the edges and pasted them using gum….






Finally I had a cute vase holder.
I placed a bottle filled with water and cut a few leaves in it…
A flower pot can also be placed in it or you can use it as a pen stand
if you use good paper this will be more study
also if you fold the paper 3 or more times it will last long
Another mistake I did was I didnt paste the folded paper...
so if you are trying.... keep these in mind...








Go green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I took a few magazine paper pieces and made this…
I don’t have a tutorial for this, because I did not take any pictures while I was making this,
But I am planning to make a few other things too using this technique…


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

C.K. said...

I LOVE IT !!!!

Here and There - Series

This series of works were done in late 2016 and 2017. This is also a series which I like to revisit once in a while and I have been trying t...