Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kid's Clock and Help Issues

My daughter had to make a clock as an assignment......And we were supposed to do the clock using a cardboard.
My daughter made this.....and I helped her. The clock hands are movable and I hope it helped her teacher while teaching  ......
I didn't want to help her too much in the process of doing this clock and at the same time I wanted it to be simple enough for my daughter to do it on her own....
BTW can anybody advise me when should we stop helping our kids...
She is 7 years old . I wnt to know how much should we interfere and what are the limitations?
I am scared that if I help her too much she will become too much dependant on me.....on the other hand I cant stop myself from helping her whenever she is struggling either on a craft or any drawing or sometimes playing too..... Sometimes I think that I interfere too much .....
I need serious help here...







My kid in the process of doing the clock...
We used,
* cardboard,
* old invitation cards,
* glue
* push pins
* kundans for decorations
* sketch pens









3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

An educative and fun craft .Hats off to your little one and yeah you are right about the eternal question of how much to help!!

Janelle said...

I remember I used to have this project when I was a kid too. Your daughter did a better job than I did though :)

To answer you question... I am the eldest of 4 kids in our family and I guess my mom was very busy with the younger ones when I was already going to school. I clearly remember that she doesn't help me much... she just tells me that whatever I need is surely in one of the study materials we use in school. I just have to learn how to look for it. And she was right. I did pretty well in school by myself.

But I guess it also depends on the child's attitude toward school or the stuff they have to do. Some kids learn faster than others. I remember my sister always asking me for help when she was in school. I guess when they ask for help, we help them. But if they want to try it themselves, we have to let them go at it too (hard I know! I have the same tendencies to step in too... my 2-year-old daughter is currently in the stage where she wants to dress herself).

Hope you have a great day! :)

Deepthi said...

Thanx Doc....:)
Thanks lots Janelle....
Sometimes I feel I am inturrupting in her work ...... So ya will have to control myself..... :P

And all the best ...you will be facing the same problems as me

Here and There - Series

This series of works were done in late 2016 and 2017. This is also a series which I like to revisit once in a while and I have been trying t...